It’s the weekend again. Time for the immensely pleasurable act of cooking outdoors. Fire up the old grill and toss these wonderful, unique and nutritious Kebabs on her!
- Lamb and Pea Kofta Kebabs with Mint Yogurt – Kofta kebabs are usually minced meatballs and herbs grilled on a skewer. Extremely nutritious, the kofta kebabs are to be made with minced lamb meat, peas, coriander, and onions. Cinnamon and cumin are used for spice. It is to be served with mint yogurt, both of which aid with digestion.
- Roasted vegetables and Halloumi Kebab with Red Pepper Dip – An option to diversify the taste and colour of the items on your grill. This kebab is made with red and green bell peppers, courgette (aka zucchini), onions, and halloumi cheese with honey, mustard, and olive oil drizzled over them. Bell peppers have almost nil fat and are high in vitamin C, and olive oil is high in unsaturated fat which is healthy for the heart.
- Ginger and Garlic King Prawn Kebab with Garlic Mayonnaise – Prawns are very low in carbs and zero in fat, yet they have more protein than any other meat. That’s probably the reason why king prawns have earned a place on every fitness freak’s menu. Ginger and garlic, on the other hand, are great for digestion, besides their other healing properties.
- Salmon and Prawn Kebab with Soy and Lime – Salmon is rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acids which are good for the heart. The kebabs are made with soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, and coriander, all of which are known for their health benefits. Quite a power-packed finger food to supply the energy needed for everyday life.
- Cajun Grilled Tofu Kebab – Another option to diversify your palate. Tofu is known for its high protein, calcium, and iron content and is a great substitute for meat. This cajun grilled tofu kebab is made with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne, and thyme leaves.
- Curried Salmon Kebab with Chilli Yogurt – This is a kebab with a desi touch! This is made by marinating salmon fillet with curry powder, olive oil, lime juice, and honey. The dip is made with chilli powder and yogurt. A powerful kebab for the spice-seeking taste buds.
- Vietnamese King Prawn Kebabs – A Southeast Asian version of the kebab! Made by soaking prawns in a marinade made with lime juice, garlic cloves, onions, lemongrass, fish sauce, agave nectar, and coconut oil, these kebabs are to be cooked on a hot chargrill also.
- Barbecued Chicken Kebabs – This kebab is to be made by marinating the chicken pieces in a sauce made with tomatoes, onion, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato puree. The marinated chicken can also be cooked on a griddle pan.
- Honey, Soy, and Sesame Glazed Salmon Kebab – Salmon fillets are marinated in soy sauce, honey, toasted sesame seeds, grated ginger, and lime juice. They are then cooked on a hot griddle before serving.
Grab the best cuts for barbecuing chicken, lamb and seafood from Licious and fire this weekend up with your family and friends.